When it comes to closing big enterprise deals, oftentimes sales reps talk about the benefits that their software could have on a business without showing the hard numbers. This Business Value Calculator helps sellers demonstrate the ROI of their product versus that of an home-grown tool by creating a business case, detailing how the product will impact the prospect’s business, and why now more than ever is the right time to buy.
Some tips on how to use:
- Differentiators: Make sure your value-based selling motion underscores your unique differentiators (define these internally first).
- Simple Calculations: Don't make it overly complicated — focus on a few key metrics.
- Current State vs. Future State: Include an analysis of their Current State (i.e. what your prospect will do without your product and how you can improve it).
- Demonstrate Value: Articulate a business case that can be proved out in a trial or POC (i.e. “You take X hours and Y people, we can decrease by Z% and your net result will be X”).
- Use It Accordingly: Use the ROI calculator as ammunition as your sales conversations progress (not at your first touchpoint).