While 2021’s record shattering funding activity ($16.7B raised across 237 deals) set a high bar, 1H22 stats still delivered a solid start to the year, especially in comparison to years prior.
Some additional key highlights from 1H22:
- $3.2B was raised across 90 deals (pacing beat 2020’s COVID-bump supported stats)
- Seed activity flourished (comprising 27.8% of all raises), while late stage rounds experienced the greatest pullback
- Median raise amounts increased across Seed, Series A, and Series B, likely due to more due diligence and conviction in today’s macro environment
- Our total NYC enterprise unicorns increased to 42 and the top sector is Data/AI/ML
- There were no meaningful exits (IPO or M&A)